Saturday, November 1, 2008

Church Services for Men

A couple of mates were telling me about an article in the paper out west Auckland that talked about making church more suited for males - 'magnetizing males' or something. I haven't read it but it got me thinking bout a couple of things. Firstly, we could get rid of the flowers and replace them with chains and grease. We would also have a squad of church motor bikes for community team building and evangelizing. I think it would also need to be on a lifestyle block with a couple of paddocks out the back for us to worship God in - let our creativity fly - one for paintballing and the other for diggers. We could also install flamethrowers on the edges of the stage so that when the singing hits a crescendo they fire. And finally, throughout the service - I got in mind sermons in particular here - we have some bbq's off to the side that have sausages, eggs, steak, and onions cooking and being served with Watties Tomato Sauce throughout the service. I think this would be a solid start to creating a more 'manly' service!

God Bless

Philip

No comments: