Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Thought

As a house near-by was playing loud christian worship music I was thinking on how that made me feel. I don't like it. I don't like that sort of good feely feelings stuff that often comes with ....well....playing christian worship music loud. But then I'm not going to look down on someone who does i.e. the people in the near-by flat. I find myself perhaps a bit too post-modern for that. Rather, if it works for them, and they are enjoying a closer relationship to God through playing loud christian worship music, then do it.

However this also brings up images of church, christian social groups, small groups, and church life. I'm not really into that either. I wonder if it's cause it takes more time to be involved in stuff like that than it does to build friendships with other non-christians? I mean I like church, and I go to church. But should we be spending more time in church than with non-believers? Christian religion can often become a comfortable ghetto. The cheesiness of christian religion reeks of complacency, and it is this that I guess I react to. Perhaps I react too strongly though and don't give some areas of christian religion enough time to prove itself. Most of the time though I'm just thinking about how there is still more good to be done in the world. Especially in some sermons. But then, unavoidably, I am a hypocrite.

No comments: