Saturday, October 18, 2008

Name Change

Hey

Well we (Briar and I) decided on a name change finally.  Same Stuff Different Day was just a temp name inspired by the movie Dreamcatcher.  It is Kiwi's lowdown cause 1) we're Kiwi's 2) this is where we update on what we're getting up to (this is opposed to updating Facebook status every five minutes which sometimes seems a bit silly) 3) Kiwi-land (New Zealand) is pretty geographically low in the world.  In fact I think we should set Stewart Island up for attractive flights and cruises to the antarctic - which may include glass bottom boats to watch the underwater antarctican wildlife. 4) Also it seems that alot of theological discussion and influence comes from other areas of the world e.g. Germany, Switzerland,England, France, America.  I'm not saying there is none from the NZ, but that most of my reading around current ideas come from offshore people.  If only I had $500,000 to study overseas....

On other news, (as I'm relatively new to the blog scene I am discovering alot of stuff still) I have found a good blog by C Michael Patton on 'Will The Real Emerger Please Stand-Up?' Warning, it is quite lengthy, but it is quite informative on topic of emerging church.  It explains a (the?) relationship between fundamentalism, orthodoxy, evangelicism, emerging and emergent.  Perhaps the most useful for me was how he distinguished the difference between emerging and emergent.  There are other blogs on there bout emerging church, but I haven't had enough time to read them yet. I'm sure they're good.

Chairs

Jimmy

No comments: