Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Destiny City? Not to be confused with City of God.

Well I have to say I'm a little disappointed with Bishop Tamaki now. He has pulled a few stunts in the past, I disagree with them on a few points but I've never really had a problem with Destiny church. Alot of people I've talked to don't really like Destiny, and it doesn't help they had so much media attention either. But now I have to say that 'Destiny City' is a step way too far.

Plans for the city include a 5000-seat church, maraes, medical centres and schools - eliminating the need for residents to ever leave.


"Every child of every member of this church will never go to a state school again," Mr Tamaki said.


Honestly I think this is going against what Jesus did on earth. He sat with sinners, talked with women both Jew, Samarian and Gentile. Not to mention he became human in the first place, he entered into our chaotic human world of deceit, violence, corruption, and un-holiness to reach us all. I mean why go through the process of being human to save us? Cause he loves us! He came and spent time with the underdogs, he did not pull away and create a Holy huddle. A crisis within the Church at the moment across the West is it's seperation from culture, Destiny City represents such a movement away from the world. By not engaging the world how are we to spread the Kingdom of God and show people the path to Christ?


Here's an article by Stuff NZ on Destiny City where the above quotes came from.


This is an interesting blog that I think in some form represents what non-believers think of this move. Their talk about creating their own religion, 'biontology,' was a funny read.


No comments: