Friday, February 13, 2009

Campbell Live

So I haven't posted anything in ages. Partly cause I have had a bit of blog-apathy, partly cause I have been busy wit study and partly cause I didn't care (or inversely, cared too much).
I watched this article that was put forward on Campbell Live the other night about a lady who got clamped in a disabled car park. [can watch it here]. Initially I was (sarcastically and cynically) like 'what the frak?' A week or so later and I'm still like 'what the frak?' I mean really, what is this story riding on and what is the point of the story? It is about a lady, who is disabled in some manner, legally parked in a disable carpark, and got unjustifiably clamped. [And just to clarify, she is a bit more than disabled, she has something wrong with her lungs, balance, and has cancer - at least these things]. So what? It only makes a story because she is disabled. If she wasn't disabled, if she had parked in an ordinary carpark it would not have made a story. Despite her sympathetic state of existence, the point of the story is that some stupid human went and clamped a car based on prejudice rather than justice - which I know of several occurances. But their story won't make it onto TV because they aren't in a sorry state of existence. Is using the unfortunates of someones life like this fair? Specially when it happens to others also.
To finish off this hardly proof read blog, the clamper was an idiot - and is the problem in this scenario. While I feel for the lady, they are riding on her disability to create a story which I think is also a bit stupid.

No comments: