Monday, September 29, 2008

Ever Wondered What Were The Best Commentaries?

For any of those studying to the Bible and are left to wonder which commentaries are the ones you want to read, and which ones need to be left on the shelf. Well I have come across this very useful site: Best Commentaries. I'm not an expert on the series nor do I know a lot of the authors, but I have found this helpful. It lists the commentaries by author, series or book. If your browsing 'by book' it will put them in a rating system so the perceived best one is at the top and descending from there. It will also show you up and coming commentaries. I was happy to see Tim Meadowcroft in the top 13 for Daniel (he was thirteenth, but above many other peeps, including Calvin and Alan Harman), a guy who lectures where I'm currently studying. Anyways, thought I'd share this with the world.

Cheers

Jimmy

No comments: